Doctor insights on:
Will Rest Cure Achilles Tendonitis Or Do I Need Surgery
Be patient: Such a small tendon can take months to heal after surgery. ...Read more
Varies: Recovery from achilles injuries or tendonitis is often very gradual. After a simple debridement surgery , it may take 6 weeks to return to normal activities of daily living (adls) and 3 months to return to athletic activity. The lengthiest return is from an achilles rupture repair. Recovery is often 3 months to get back to normal adls and 9=15 months to get back to athletic activities. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I have had Achilles tendonitis for 8 months no matter what I do ,,rest,excercises etc..it wont go away ?
Well what you done?: Try a heel lift in a cam walker boot. (Some promote eccentric excercises.) ...Read more
I have Achilles tendonitis. I've been stretching, icing, and doing eccentric exercises. What else will speed up recovery? Rest isn't an option.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What exercise can i do with achilles tendonitis?
- What activities am i allowed to do with achilles tendonitis?
- Achilles tendonitis surgery recovery time
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do i need jaw surgery?
- If i start taking lexapro do i need to take it for the rest of my life
- Can i run with achilles tendonitis?
- Do i need rotator cuff surgery?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free