Doctor insights on:
Will Prednisone Affect My Birth Control
Prednisone is a synthetic cortisone. The body makes cortisone, a natural hormone made in adrenal glands. The body converts it to Hydrocortisone to become active. 25 mg of cortisone has about same effect as 5 mgm prednisone. The average person would produce 3-6 mg of pred daily. So why use a substitute? The synthetic has more anti-inflammatory effect; but has less effect ...Read more
No interaction: There is no interaction between these two medications. However, your body may not process your corticosteroid properly and it might cause prednisone's side effects. Rec.: for more information talk to your prescribing physician. ...Read more
No interaction: Prednisone treats quite a few conditions and also interacts with quite a few medications, but fortunately not so much with birth control pills, in general. Unfortunately, unexpected reaction can occur with any med or combination of meds, thus always use with caution. Use smallest effective dose for shortest duration possible. Consult doc. Good luck. ...Read more
Can prednisone affect birth control? Can being on prednisone for a month plus a steroid shot cause pregnancy?
Probably not: There is no evidence that prednisone reduces the effectiveness of birth control. Taking prednisone while on birth control can increase likelihood and severity of side effects from the prednisone. If you think you may be pregnant, you should do a pregnancy test. It is important to know for sure. If there is a possibility of pregnancy, you should be taking Folic acid to help prevent birth defects. ...Read more
Contraception is also known as Birth control. Contraceptiion is a means of preventing conception (or fertilization). There are hormonal and non hormonal methods of preventing sperm and egg from meeting. Talk to your doctor or clinic about what options are best for you. There are short acting methods (condoms, pills, patch, ring) and long ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will antibiotics affect my birth control pills?
- Will ciprofloxacin affect my birth control
- Will adipex affect my antidepressants or birth control
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If i take alot of vitimans will it affect my birth control
- How long will the nausea effect from my birth control pills last?
- Will diet pills affect the effectiveness of birth control
- How long will antibiotics affect birth control?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free