Doctor insights on:
Will Prednisone Affect My Birth Control
I have been prescribed a dosage of 50mg of prednisone, as well as a topical antibiotic for poison oak. Does this affect my birth control?
Prednisone is a synthetic cortisone. The body makes cortisone, a natural hormone made in adrenal glands. The body converts it to Hydrocortisone to become active. 25 mg of cortisone has about same effect as 5 mgm prednisone. The average person would produce 3-6 mg of pred daily. So why use a substitute? The synthetic has more anti-inflammatory effect; but has less effect ...Read more
No interaction: There is no interaction between these two medications. However, your body may not process your corticosteroid properly and it might cause prednisone's side effects. Rec.: for more information talk to your prescribing physician. ...Read more
No: It won't have any such effects.Get a more detailed answer ›
Contraceptiion is a means of preventing conception (or fertilization). There are hormonal and non hormonal methods of preventing sperm and egg from meeting. Talk to your doctor or clinic about what options are best for you. There are short acting methods (condoms, pills, patch, ring) and long ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will collagen affect my birth control
- Will ciprofloxacin affect my birth control
- Prednisone and birth control
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can strattera affect my birth control pill?
- Will adipex affect my antidepressants or birth control
- Can birth control affect my risk for anemia?
- Can prednisone interact with birth control?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free