Doctor insights on:
Will Perform Colonoscopy
How does one perform colonoscopy in pt with duhamel procedure from hirschsprungs. Genetic mutation for fap present.?
Not too much problem: In duhamel procedure, for aganglionic colon ( hirschsprung's disease) distal aganglionic colon is anatomosed to proximal ganglionic ( good ) colon side by side anastomosis excessive distal colon will be crushed, shold not be a problem to do endoscopy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What does the GI doctor see when performing a Colonoscopy? Can he not see the appendix too sense it looks like it is attached to everything?
Camera on a snake: A video camera on the end of a flexible stalk, not unlike a snake, is inserted through the rectum while you are asleep. You don't feel a thing, you won't remember it, and the only bed part is the prep. ...Read more
Why are colonoscopy performed years apart? Shouldn't they be more often? Doesn't cancer grow fast?
Good question: Most colon cancer differs from other cancers in that it tends to progress in a very predictable pattern beginning as polyps that can sometimes form cancer. This process takes many years. For example, it can take 5 or more years for a polyp to reach 1 cm and then another 5 or more yrs for the 1 cm polyp to become cancer. This is why the standard recommendation is to have a colonoscopy every 10 yrs. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
So is it not safe to drink alcohol even if it is a beer or 2 the same day you have an upper endoscopy and colonoscopy performed? I had sedation today?
Alcohol Abuse: Your Health is Precious! It is not clear if you gave history of Alcohol use to Gastro-entomologist and discussed need for endoscopy and colonoscopy. Using Alcohol with Medications used for sedation can cause more side effects. If you have Alcohol induced Gastritis, Pancreatitis or Hepatitis, please do not use Alcohol. See Psychiatrist for Therapy for alcohol need, judgement and AA meetings. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will irritable bowel syndrome show up on a colonoscopy
- When will my bowels return to normal after a colonoscopy
- How long after a colonoscopy will the farting continue?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does a urologist perform colonoscopies?
- Will having your menstrual period interfere with a colonoscopy
- Colonoscopy was performed all the way to the terminal ileum
- How long will i need to rest after my colonoscopy?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free