Doctor insights on:
Will Orthotics Help Straighten My Hips
A orthotic is a small piece of medical equipment that braces a bone and/or joint, to keep it in a better position, either at rest, during activities, or both. Examples of orthotics are plastic ankle braces to aid recovery from an ankle sprain, arched insoles to support flat feet, ankle-foot braces to help kids with cerebral ...Read more
You shouldn't: Orthotics are designed to provide balance and stability. Properly designed they make your pelvis level and even to the ground and therefore should relieve hip and low back pain. Don't settle for less. Gait analysis is the key to providing postural stability. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I wear orthotics 4 overpronationFLATFEET ALSO have acquired lax ankleKNEE ligaments from activities.Must I wear orthotics or hip,knee joints loosen?
Yes and No: The bone in the leg will not change shape especially if the bone is mature however, if you are pronating your foot and causing torque on the legs, wearing orthotics may help to realign the foot to the leg and reduce the deformity ie knock knees. So although orthotics can't literally straighten the leg they can help reduce deformity caused by fallen arches and other foot deformities. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will orthotics help straighten out my legs
- Exercises to help straighten the spine
- Will my retainer straighten my teeth
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Will septoplasty straighten my nose
- How to straighten my penis?
- Knee pain when straightening the leg
- Exercises to straighten my lower back
- Talk to a orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon online for free