Doctor insights on:
Will Nolvadex Women Affect Birth Control
Contraceptiion is a means of preventing conception (or fertilization). There are hormonal and non hormonal methods of preventing sperm and egg from meeting. Talk to your doctor or clinic about what options are best for you. There are short acting methods (condoms, pills, patch, ring) and long ...Read more
Somewhat common: Unfortunately, Birth control is expensive. Some women do get pregnant because they can't afford it. This is unnecessary because you can get it for free at the health department and planned parenthood. Sometimes the problem is lack of transportation or knowledge of where to get it for free. Best wishes! ...Read more
I read somewhere that women who take birth control pills should not take st. John's wort. Is this true? If so why? I take both and haven't had issues.
I know that some olympic female athletes don't get their periods while in training/competing. Is that healthy for them long-term also: is skipping periods on certain types of birth control healthy either?
If : If an athlete is missing periods, it can be because of inadequate nutrition, and can result in decreased bone mass (osteoporosis) or other problems with malnutrition. There are no known complications that have been found with missing periods from birth control, as this is not the same situation as having inadequate nutrition. ...Read more
Birth control: not necessarilyGet a more detailed answer ›
Individual choice: The methods that work best to prevent pregnancy include iuds, implants, and sterilization. But each woman is individual--she should find out the benefits, risks, side effects, and alternatives to each method so that she can choose what is best for her. The best method is the one that best helps her to prevent pregnancy. ...Read more
Not yet...: Male contraception pills and injections are in the pipeline but don't exist yet. Forms of male contraception available now are the vasectomy, condoms, and the pull-out method. A vasectomy is a surgical procedure and has one of the lowest failure rates of any birth-control method. Condoms and the pull-out method have very high failure rates. Best wishes! ...Read more
No it's effective: However, if you're severely overweight you may need birth control less often than if you're thin -- both because of Insulin resistance and relative infertility, but also because of decreasing opportunity. Remember, there are multiple methods for birth control and none are affected by weight. ...Read more
Birth control safety: All have a degree of risk, but the ones considered most safe and effective are usually long term types with progesterone, like IUDs and Nexplanon. IUDs come with 3, 5, and 10 years of prevention and are 99.9% effective. The 10 year IUD has no hormone. The Nexplanon device has progesterone and lasts 3 years. Least effective--barrier (condoms), pills. Talk to your doctor about what is best for you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Lots of options: There are lots of birth control methods to choose from. The monthly vaginal ring and weekly skin patch are as effective as pills. There is an injection every 3 months. The most effective options are the implant in the arm or intrauterine devices. Check this interactive tool to learn more: http://www.arhp.org/methodmatch/ ...Read more
Yes: Smoking increases the metabolism of many drugs, including some of the ones used in oral contraceptives. Even more importantly, smoking increases the potential serious side effects of these drugs, especially blood clotting potential. Women who smoke and use ocps are at high risk of deep venous thrombosis (blood clots in legs) and these traveling to lung-pulmonary embolism, which can be fatal. ...Read more
Yes: There maybe a lag before you become as fertile again. ...Read more
Depends: If you have 'classical' migraines (with an aura-seeing flashing lights; or with loss of vision, or transient paralysis during migraines) then use of estrogen containing birth control pills increases the risk of strokes, so a progestin-only method is safer (depo-provera shots, Nexplanon implantable rod-although Nexplanon has 24% incid of headaches associated w/it; or iud's would be good options.Con. ...Read more
I'm a 28 yr old female with 2 month old. I'm looking for a birth control that still leaves the option for more kids if i want. What is the best method?
<95% effectiveness.: Birth control pills are only theoretically 99% effective; as their absorption varies and that the vast majority of women forget a dose here and there, the actual efficacy is probably <95%, therefore you should anticipate at least a 5% chance of getting pregnant while on the pills. Iuds are a safer and promptly reversible option that costs less money and is perfect for mutually monogamous couples. ...Read more
Hello. : Hello. The fact she is 41 years old decreases chances for becoming pregnant. If she is using birth control correctly (i.e. Takes her birth control pills 100% of the time) that would markedly reduce her chances (because if used exactly as directed and it was oral - usually about 99% effective). There would be a low chance - but here's the issue - even if their is a low chance doesn't mean it won't happen. For instance, if there is a 98% chance that you won't get a medication side effect - that means there is a very tiny chance that you would get a side effect if you took the medication. But, that doesn't prevent 2% of the people from getting a side effect. ...Read more
Good day! is it true that when a woman is hepa positive, she can't take contraceptive/birth control pills?
Not necessarily: Hepatitis a, also called infectious hepatitis, is an acute inflammation of the liver caused by the hepatitis a virus. In the vast majority of cases a person will recover from this with no significant long term liver damage. One would absolutely not take ocp's during the acute infection, but once recovered it is acceptable to resume taking them with close monitoring of liver function. ...Read more
Hmmm...: That depends on what one means by safe. Safe from what? (First, if said "female" is one's wife, fiance, girlfriend, or other person, one can stop calling her "a female".) Having sex during the latter part of her period can create a pregnancy and thus a cute little baby, if the sperm survive a few days and she ovulates right after the end of her period bleeding. It happens more with short cycles. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Herbalife affect birth control
- Birth control affect depression
- Will affect antidepressants birth control
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Fluconazole affect birth control
- Antacids affect birth control
- Antibiotics affect with birth control
- Will cefdinir affect birth control
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free