Doctor insights on:
Will My Lazy Eye Come Back After 10 Years
40 years old guy, one of my eye is as doctors say lazy eye, radial keratotomy done 15 years back, the vision of this eye is 8.5 cyl. Suggest treatmnt?
Second opinion: A lazy eye is one which while apparently normal, does not see well usually from childhood issues. If not the case, then there is some other problem. Radial k. Have a high rate of regression which might be part of the cause. I suggest you make an appointment with a corneal surgeon to have this evaluated and get a second opinion there. ...Read more
Yes: Boxing causes repeated trauma to the eye which usually withstands this due to a structure called the vitreous gel which holds things in place (mostly the retina). But sometimes this is not enough, the retina may detach, the vision drops and the eye drifts out of alignment - which is the term for a "lazy eye". If you must box, protect your eyes. ...Read more
Three years ago, i had a systemic fungal infection. Is it possible for it to come back? It was in my eye, heart and brain, and bloodstream.
Rx May help: Ambliopia is the process where the brain ignores the "camera" picture from one eye because it is less clear or causes double vision. It can sometimes be improved if the weaker eye is strengthened (glasses), the stronger eye is patched or if the eye is lined up better with surgery. If the process has gone on too long, the brain ignores the fix & surgery is simply cosmetic. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
.: Contact a opthalmologist. Multiple reasons for lazy eyes, and each one has different management. Delay of treatment may cause partial blindness. ...Read more
Unfortunately not: Lazy eye begins at birth (or before!) and must be treated aggressively before the age of 7 or so in order to have the greatest chance of it resolving. After the age of 7 the benefits of therapy drop precipitously as the brain becomes "used to" the eye being as it is. Neither natural or surgical/medical treatments are very effective by age 17. See a doctor to discuss your options. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I am 31 years old and have a lazy eye. Is there any new findings offer hope for treating lazy eye?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the chances that my glioblastoma will come back after surgery?
- When will normal hearing after a major ear infection come back
- How soon after hydrocele surgery will my scrotum be back to its normal size?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How fast can a tooth infection come back after 10 days of penicillin?
- How long will my back hurt after having a spinal tap done?
- Will my hair grow back after radiation treatment to the head
- How long will it take for my eyebrows to grow back after chemo?
- Talk to a pediatrician online