Doctor insights on:
Will My Doctor Strip My Membranes At 37 Weeks 5 Days
It's best to wait.: Many women feel "done" being pregnant by 37 weeks when they have reached full term. That being said, given the choice between a healthy baby and one with a chance of having serious medical issues, most would agree not to do anything. So most doctors will avoid stripping membranes before 39 weeks due to this potential risk unless there is a medical reason that outweighs the risk. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Possibly: Discuss it with your doctor.Get a more detailed answer ›
Can i ask my doctor to give me a membrane sweep at 37 weeks. I'm 3 CM already how likely is he to agree to one n what r the chances of it working?
Discuss it: You can certainly discuss it with your doctor. He/she will give you the pros and cons of the procedure. ...Read more
So I'm 37 weeks &1 CM dilated and halfway effaced is what doctor said last appointment. For the last two days my vagina has felt swollen& sensitive?
We expect this!: Hi Deborah, As the baby moves down in the pelvis which is what is happening slowly and gradually at this point in your pregnancy, the vaginal tissue is filling with fluid. This is due to the pressure the baby's head is placing on the veins of the pelvis. This is normal and will continue until delivery. It does not feel good but is expected. ...Read more
37 weeks 3 days pregnant, had a membrane sweep 2 days ago, on and off contractions for 3 days, now experiencing low back pain. Could labor be starting?
37 weeks, contractions every 5 min, have lasted for 6 hours, dialated at 2 cent and not much fluid left. Doctors want to send me home. Stay or home?
?????: If you water has broken you cannot go home, i assume it hasn't? Depends if the tracing is ok, how much amniotic fluid is there if you are not ruptured, how far you live away from the hospital, etc. That is a issue between you and your OB doc. ...Read more
I'm 37 weeks gest. Preg.& my doc recommends to make a c/s next week since fetus is leg first. No med. Issues. Pls advise if baby will be ful term then?
Depends!: Here are my questions: any evidence of fetal distress or low amniotic fluid volume? If not - or unless there are other reasons to induce, many doctors would sit tight and wait for labor to begin. Some babies have immature lungs at 37 weeks so waiting (or assessing lung maturity before induction) may be wise. I have seen women dilated to 5 cm for weeks before labor began! good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I'm at 33 weeks and my baby is still not head down - is it safe to let the doctors turn the baby at 36 or 37 weeks?
Generally, yes.: A baby that is not head down at 33 weeks is not necessarily a problem, as most babies revert to a cephalic (head-down) position by 37 weeks. If your baby is not head down by 36-37 weeks, your obstetrician should discuss the pros/cons of turning your baby--an external cephalic version. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will my doctor strip my membranes at 37 weeks
- Would doctors strip your membranes at 37 weeks
- Will my dr strip my membranes at 37 weeks
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Will my doctor strip my membranes at 39 weeks
- If i ask would they strip membranes at 37 weeks
- How to convince doctor to scrape membranes at 37 weeks?
- How many weeks do i have to be so i can my doctor can stripping the membranes?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online