Doctor insights on:
Will My Baby Feel It If I Give Myself An Insulin Shot In The Belly
Ice!: My advice to our pediatric patients is to ice the injection site for about 30-60 seconds prior to giving the injection. The cold helps to shrink away the capillary blood vessels which may get punctured during a shot and therefore helps to decrease bruising. ...Read more
Common problem: This is a common problem. Make sure you are not injecting too close to your belly button. Shorter needles tend to cause more bruising than longer needles. Are you on blood thinners like warfarin, aspirin, or plavix? Make sure you are injecting at a 90 degree angle to your skin, not on a slant. The Insulin should work fine despite the bruise. ...Read more
My baby had herpangina and have giving a shot of rocephin 2 days later he developed a rash on his back and stomach is it a symptom of herpangina?
Variable: Women who maintain tight control of their diabetes, with A1c values in a great range,could have a birth similar to other mothers.The less tight the control, and higher the A1c values, the more risk for baby.Baby makes its own insulin based on the glucose amount coming over the placenta. If they make a lot, and the cord is clamped, their blood sugar drops and they may need IV's. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Blood Sugar Monitor: Newborn babies who have insulin-dependent moms during pregnancy are at risk for being hypoglycemic after birth. This is because the baby is accustomed to a high-insulin environment, and once born, is also producing quite a bit of its own insulin. This decreases the baby's blood sugar after birth, which is closely monitored and corrected if necessary. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to give myself insulin shots in the belly during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to skip a dtap shot if my baby had a bad reaction in the past?
- If i have pain in my heart how will i feel it
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have a brown spot in my left eye will it go away or should i see the doctor
- What does it mean if the doctor tells me i have sugar in my urine while pregnant?
- What does it mean if i have pain in the left part of my back where my ribs are?
- Will it hurt my baby if i got pregnant while on mirena
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free