Doctor insights on:
Will My Baby Be Unhealthy If Is Born Over 9 Lbs
Is it safe to give an 8 month old baby Infant Tylenol every day during teething to help with teething pain & discomfort? Baby's weight is 18 lbs.
No: Just like there is a normal size range for adults, there are always going to be normal small babies and normal big babies. Babies born over 9 lbs are at risk for problems such as shoulder dystocia (which in rare cases can cause nerve damage) and low blood sugar at birth. Big babies are always closely watched for any problems that might develop, but almost always do great. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Baby feeding: Weight gain at this age is good. Most infants lose some weight during the first few days and regain their birth weight in the 1st 7-14 days. A 1 lb weight gain is unusual and may reflect an erroneous measurement or a baby that is taking a bottle very well. Either way, there is nothing to worry about at this time. If excessive weight gain persists, check with your pediatrician. ...Read more
My baby was born 5 lbs 14 oz at her two week check up she gained a half pound is she growing at a good rate?
My baby was born November 29th at a healthy weight of 8 lbs 5 oz. Is there any possibility that he was conceived from sex on March 15th?
Possible,: but there is no way to tell. Babies aren't date stamped like cans of Budweiser beer. Check w/your doctor and see if they have any further information based upon your earliest examinations. ...Read more
Baby girl born today via csectn. Placenta looked unhealthy but baby in overall good health. What should be worried about? Baby OK?
I am 5'6 and 140 lbs. When i get pregnant what's the chance ill get stretch marks? And after having the baby how soon will i lose the weight?
Possibly....: Large babies can cause difficulties at vaginal delivery, the frequency of which depend on many factors, especially your personal history. If your provider has mentioned this fact, you may be being prepared for the possibility of a c-section delivery. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is it if my baby has bumps all over her body?
- Does my baby have a higher risk of a birth defect if his father is over 40?
- Will my baby be ok if i took a diazepam before i was pregnant
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do i have the right to decide how my baby is treated if born at 23 weeks?
- Do i need to call the doctor if i have bleeding after my baby is born?
- Will i be able to spend time with my preemie if she is in the nicu
- When will i be able to tell if my baby has allergies
- How long will i be in the hospital after my baby is born?