Doctor insights on:
Will Medacycline Help With Strep Throat
Until I am able to get into the doctor, what home remedies should I use to help with strep throat?
Strep throat?: How do you know you have a strep throat? If you have had a positive test, your doctor should have prescribed antibiotics. This also goes for urgent care centers, where physician's assistants and nurse practitioners can prescribe antibiotics. Otherwise, you only have mouthwash (listerine) and lozenges. Salt water gargles may help soothe--use 1 tablespoon salt per quart of water. But really, see md! ...Read more
Lucky vs unlucky: In some lucky ones ( probably the majority) the symptoms subside in 3-7 days and nothing bad happens at all. In some, the germ makes an erythrotoxin that produces a sunburn like rash that causes itching ; skin pealing. In some, the body develops antibodies that can cause kidney damage ; high blood pressure. In some, the antibodies attack the heart or brain producing rheumatic fever ; long term pbs. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Antibiotics + tips: For significant sore throat with swollen tonsils / lymph nodes – see physician & get a streph throat test. If you have streph throat, antibiotic therapy is imperative to prevent future compications. Consider tylenol or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications. Saltwater gargles: mix 1 tsp salt in 8 oz warm water – gargle several times a day. Or gargle with aloe vera juice twice a day. ...Read more
Increased frequency: Recurrent tonsilitis or recurrent strep? Yes, frequent recurrences should be medically assessed. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will gargling with salt water help strep throat
- Will doxycycline help strep throat
- Will minocycline help strep throat
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Will gargling with salt water help a sore throat
- Will antibiotics help strep throat
- How long does fever associated with strep throat last?
- Can you drink alcohol with strep throat?
- Talk to a pediatrician online