Doctor insights on:
Will It Hurt Me If I Swallow Tonsil Stones Do They Ever Go Away
No and yes: Tonsilliths or tonsil stones are an accumulation of debris in the crypts of the tonsils. They cause discomfort and foul breath. They can be expelled with blunt end of a toothbrush or like object. If swallowed, they are readily inactivated by the acid in the stomach. This should not be harmful. Good oral hygiene, gargles with most gargle solutions will help. You may end up with tonsils out. ...Read more
GI tract: Eventually, they end up in the toilet, like the other things you swallow. ...Read more
Tonsil pain that hasn't gone away over year. Feels as if food is swallowed normal side . No medications helped. Also get tonsil stones. Tonsilitis?
Tonsilloliths: Pl see article for more info on condition. You need an ENT referral for possible tonsillectomy to relief chronic problem. ...Read more
My right tonsils bigger then the other there's no pain and i can swallow fine but i can't see my left tonsil I have had tonsil stones b4 nd postnasal?
Asymmetric tonsils: What you are describing is asymmetric tonsils. This really needs to be evaluated. At your age, it is likely a result of infection or tonsil stones. It could also possibly be due to simply the perception of asymmetry. More concerning is the rare possibility of a mass within the tonsil that is enlarged. Evaluation is necessary and oftentimes, tonsillectomy is required to rule out a mass. ...Read more
At what point do you consider tonsillectomy? I've been having tonsil stones the last month and difficulties swallowing. Post nasal drip associated?
Insurance won't pay: Ent surgeons simply don't do tonsillectomies at the rate they did 30-40 years ago. In my non-surgical physician opinion..Your symptoms are not any where severe enough to have this done either. Tonsilar calculi (singular: calculus) are basically deposits of calcium and phosphorus in the tonsillar mkatrix. Laser, curetting and several other methods including tonsillectomy are options. ...Read more
Can tonsil stones cause a dirt-type taste in the back of your throat more so when swallowing for 1+ years constantly? (just about every day)
I have a medium yellowish bump in the back of my throat. No soreness or anything just kind of hard to swallow. I'm pretty sure it's not tonsil stones.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do i have to get treated if i have genital warts or will they go away?
- I have had a headache for 5 days and no matter what i do or take it wont go away
- Air in my back how do i make it go away
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have bumps on my tant going into my vagina and they dont hurt what could it be
- I have pain in left index finger joint will it go away
- I swallowed a small chicken bone accidently will my stomach digest it or do i risk puncturing
- I have a brown spot in my left eye will it go away or should i see the doctor
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free