Doctor insights on:
Will I Notice Thyroid Medication Work Immediately
Usually not: Usually, a person with hyperthyroidism has too much thyroid hormone in her body. One would take Synthroid (thyroxine) (synthetic hormone) to make up for a lack of enough thyroid hormone due to HYPOthyroidism. A person with HYPOthyroidism who becomes hyperthyroid due to taking too high of a dose of Synthroid (thyroxine) might be asked to take Synthroid (thyroxine) (at a lower dose) even though she is temporarily hyperthyroid. ...Read more
Fatige/dry skin/cons: The following symptoms fatigue dry skin constipation unexplained weight gain depression slow heart rate thinning hair heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods muscle weakness hoarseness puffy face constipation thinning hair increase sensitivity to cold impaired memory elevated blood cholesterol level muscle ache and joint pains syptoms get worse if not treated with thyroid hormone. ...Read more
Nothing if treated!: If treated appropriately, you do not have to have any long-term consequences from hyperthyroidism. If left untreated, the most serious concern is a heart problem like rapid or irregular heartbeat. Longstanding hyperthyroidism can cause osteoporosis (fragile bones) and fractures. If untreated, other issues can be psychiatric disease, weight loss, trouble sleeping, or eye disease. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does thyroid medication take to work?
- Does miralax work immediately?
- Can lexapro work immediately?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does allegra work immediately?
- Medication to stop menstrual bleeding immediately
- What if i dont take my thyroid medication?
- How long does it take for thyroid medication cytomel to work?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free