Doctor insights on:
Will I Need To Get A Contact Lens Fitting Every Time My Prescription Changes
Not recommended: I would not recommend this. Your eyes are so precious, why would you want to take a chance on them? Make sure you get the right kind for your eyes. Make sure there is nothing wrong with them too. Save up a little more and get them fitted the right way. Your eyes are worth it! ...Read more
Contact lenses: It is impossible to predict whether the prescription will change or remain the same. Factors that may influence a change in prescription include age, growth of the eye, how much reading/studying one does, medical conditions such as diabetes, growth/progression of cataracts, etc. ...Read more
Depends: Prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses can change quite quickly, especially in younger individuals, and in those individuals performing lots of near-vision tasks like reading, computer use, or video games. It is also possible for diabetes and blood sugar changes to affect the prescription, and rarely certain medications can cause this too. Be checked by your eye md if your rx is changing. ...Read more
Many places: Most eye doctors will give you a contact lens prescription to be used anywhere you would like and in fact have to do this by law in most cases. You will have to pay for the examination and measurements. It is after all a service that you would not expect to be given for free. ...Read more
My contact lens prescription has changed twice in 9 mos. Because my close up reading vision has improved. Is this unusual for someone who is 59?
No: Your eyes may be changing as a result of nuclear sclerosis, which is hardening of your lens of your eye creating more nearsightedness. Your prescription would be changing as a consequence. Furthermore, the elasticity of the eye does change very gradually over time. Your eye doctor can help you with this and adjust as necessary. Btw, glaucoma treatments sometimes accelerate cataract formation too. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Will the eye doctor give me a contact lens prescription if it's my first time wearing a corrective lense?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How often do i need to change my contact lens case?
- Can i use my glasses prescription for contact lenses?
- Getting contact lenses first time
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it okay to convert my glasses prescription to my contact lens prescription?
- Can i use glasses prescription for contact lenses?
- Is it normal for my eyes to get red and itchy every time the weather changes?
- How can i tell how bad my vision is from my contact lens prescription?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free