Doctor insights on:
Will I Need To Get A Contact Lens Fitting Every Time My Prescription Changes
Not recommended: I would not recommend this. Your eyes are so precious, why would you want to take a chance on them? Make sure you get the right kind for your eyes. Make sure there is nothing wrong with them too. Save up a little more and get them fitted the right way. Your eyes are worth it! ...Read more
Contact lenses: It is impossible to predict whether the prescription will change or remain the same. Factors that may influence a change in prescription include age, growth of the eye, how much reading/studying one does, medical conditions such as diabetes, growth/progression of cataracts, etc. ...Read more
Depends: Prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses can change quite quickly, especially in younger individuals, and in those individuals performing lots of near-vision tasks like reading, computer use, or video games. It is also possible for diabetes and blood sugar changes to affect the prescription, and rarely certain medications can cause this too. Be checked by your eye md if your rx is changing. ...Read more
Many places: Most eye doctors will give you a contact lens prescription to be used anywhere you would like and in fact have to do this by law in most cases. You will have to pay for the examination and measurements. It is after all a service that you would not expect to be given for free. ...Read more
My contact lens prescription has changed twice in 9 mos. Because my close up reading vision has improved. Is this unusual for someone who is 59?
No: Your eyes may be changing as a result of nuclear sclerosis, which is hardening of your lens of your eye creating more nearsightedness. Your prescription would be changing as a consequence. Furthermore, the elasticity of the eye does change very gradually over time. Your eye doctor can help you with this and adjust as necessary. Btw, glaucoma treatments sometimes accelerate cataract formation too. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My right eye is -3.50 & my left eye is -3.25. When i order contact lens online will the prescription change at all?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How often do i need to change my contact lens case?
- I have a cyst on my scalp should i be concerned or need to get it drained
- How much time will i need to take off of work after my gallbladder surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal for my eyes to get red and itchy every time the weather changes?
- Am i too chubby to get my belly button pierced will it tear out if i lose a lot?
- Will i need a pap smear to get an implanon
- Do i need to keep taking deep breaths every time the doctor listens to my lungs?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free