Doctor insights on:
Will I Have To Wear A Knee Brace All Of The Time If I Have A Knee Arthroplasty
Not generally: The knee replacement is stable at the time that it is performed. We use your own ligaments and tendons and do not generally harm them during surgery. There are cases where the ligaments (such as the mcl) are stretched during surgery, were moved and reconstructed, or were weak to begin with. In these cases, the knee brace is critical after surgery. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I had a meniscus repair one yr ago wear a knee brace for instability had physical therapy 3 times constant pain what about knee replacement?
Unlikely: Knee replacement is done to treat arthritis of the knee. If you are 33 years old, it is unlikely that you have severe arthritis in your knee unless you had a major trauma in the past or have had multiple surgeries. Knee arthritis is easily diagnosed with a plain x-ray. This is where you should begin to see if you have evidence of arthritis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have to wear a knee brace for instability of the knee after having mendisic surgery last july I am in constant pain what about knee replacement?
Very last option: Knee replacement is your very last option - try everything you can to avoid it as long as you can. That's advice form a doctor who is currently recovering from her second knee replacement at just age 53 after my knee was destroyed and reconstructed at age 19 after being hit by a drunk driver. Knee replacement does not mean pain free. If your knee is stable, seek other options for pain relief first. ...Read more
It Depends: Any surgery has associated risks. Knee arthroplasty is a big procedure. It is very helpful when indicated, however. Risks vary depending upon your overall health, medical conditions, level of fitness. Medical issues such as diabetes and heart disease increase the risk of any surgery. It is best to talk these risks over with your primary care physician as well as your orthopedist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean if i have a low temperature of 975 all the time?
- Could i have a vitamin d deficiency if im tired all of the time have sore joints
- I have a lump on the side of my knee
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have a lump on the back of my knee
- Sharp left knee pain when squatting
- If i have a bone spur on my heel must it be cut off to get cure of the pain
- Do i have a mental disorder or a colorful personality if joking all the time?
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free