Doctor insights on:
Will Hysterectomy Impact Ability Achieve Orgasm
Will a hysterectomy have a significant impact on a woman's ability to achieve an orgasm or is that a myth?
Conventionally, orgasm is the culmination of sexual arousal (and may be repeated) and typically produces great pleasure through direct genital stimulation of the male penis and female clitoris. However, orgasm may also be achieved via the brain or as a reflex arc. The physical characteristics are an explosive peak & repeated neuromuscular action causing release of male ...Read more
It can be: It depends on how much the uterus was contributing to your sexual feelings before the hysterectomy. A healthy uterus can contract in a very pleasant way during sex which could be lost. A uterus that is not healthy can cause pain during sex and orgasm. Removing then may improve. So, it depends on how your uterus was doing before they hysterectomy. Most women can have great sex after a hysterectomy. ...Read more
Since my full hysterectomy a yr n 1/2 ago sex with my partner is very painful, orgasms are excrutiating and for sevrl hrs aftr am curld up in pain. Y?
Scar Tissue: You have scar tissue. I see that you have been to the doctor about this. Please demand that they come up with a better solution than leaving you in pain. ...Read more
Right away: There is no danger with external/clitoral stimulation almost immediately if you feel up to it. The precaution is not to insert anything vaginally, and certainly not deep because the cuff where the uterus was removed needs to heal. Placing anything into the vagina can rip open the sutures. Otherwise there are really no issues. ...Read more
It is perfectly safe: Hopefully will also be enjoyable.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will lupus impact my ability to get pregnant
- How soon can i have orgasm after vaginal hysterectomy?
- After a hysterectomy will a woman still ovulate
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after having a hysterectomy will you notice the hormones change?
- Will having a hysterectomy effect bipolar disorder
- I broke my ulna and radius will this affect my ability to use my hand
- Will you lose the feeling of an orgasm if you get a labiectomy
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free