Doctor insights on:
Will Hydroxyurea Cause Sweating
Controversial: There is a risk of transformation to acute leukemia just from having P Vera. But it is very low. Whether hydroxyurea increases that risk has not be definitively answered. Most hematologists find the benefit of controlling the disease greatly outweighs the risk. There is a new drug - Jakafi - just approved for PV if not well controlled or if side effects of HU too great. Talk to your hematologist. ...Read more
Depends on situation: What is the reason Hydroxyurea is being given? One use of Hydroxyurea is to treat resistant chronic myelocytic leukemia (cml, a cancer of white blood cells). Cancers increase risk of blood clots (dvt), which can be treated w enoxaparin (clexane) in such a case, both would be given. If in hospital, meds like enoxaparin can be used to prevent dvt.Other scenarios exist in which both could be used. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will hydroxyurea cause excessive sweating
- Treating bumps associated with a yeast infection
- Will a lower back injury cause pain in the abdomen and groin area
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What will cause blurry spots in my vision and symptoms?
- What type of bacterial infection will cause blisters in the back of your throat?
- Will high blood pressure cause you to have the shakes
- Will losing weight cause you to pee more often
- Talk to a hematologist online for free