Doctor insights on:
Will Hydroxyurea Cause Sweating
Controversial: There is a risk of transformation to acute leukemia just from having P Vera. But it is very low. Whether hydroxyurea increases that risk has not be definitively answered. Most hematologists find the benefit of controlling the disease greatly outweighs the risk. There is a new drug - Jakafi (ruxolitinib) - just approved for PV if not well controlled or if side effects of HU too great. Talk to your hematologist. ...Read more
Well tolerated drug.: Hydrea (hydroxyurea) is a chemotherapy like drug that can help prevent painful crises in patients with sickle cell disease. It is well tolerated for the most part. There can be fatigue, mouth sores and loose stools. It will routinely lower the white blood cell count and platelets, but not to dangerous levels. Hemoglobin may actually improve. There is ? Of leukemia risk in other diseases, but not in scd. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will hydroxyurea cause excessive sweating
- Hydroxyurea therapy cause leukemia lymphoma patients
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Hydroxyurea clexane
- Does sweating cause acne?
- Causes of extreme sweating
- What causes sweating hands?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free