Doctor insights on:
Will Golytely Help Severe Constipation
Went to ER due to severe constipation. Was prescribed 4 L of GoLytely. Have had 56oz over 3 hrs & no BM yet. Is this normal to have not gone yet?
Peg is the basis of a number of laxatives (i.e. Polyethylene glycol 3350, or miralax). Whole bowel irrigation with polyethylene glycol and added electrolytes is used for bowel preparation before surgery or colonoscopy. The preparation is sold under the brand names golytely, gavilyte c, nulytely, glycolax, fortrans, trilyte, among others. ...Read more
Fiber and fluids: Whole grain cereals, bran, fruits eaten with the skin/rind, vegetables. Drinking lots of water and fruit juices like prunes, pears, etc. ...Read more
Probably: It should do the trick.Get a more detailed answer ›
I am having a severe constipation problem for as long as i can remember. Tried prunes, papayas, apples without much help. Pls help.
Fiber is good but: If you are not drinking enough fluid it can lead to constipation. Remember caffeine and alcohol dehydrate and lead to constipation. Generally i recommend 80-100 ounces of caffeine free/alcohol free fluids every day. It will take 10-14 days of this regimen to see improvement. If not better need to have a GI workup for other causes of constipation. ...Read more
Have severe constipation and need relief fast. Never had this problem before. Have tried a bottle of Magnesium Citrate and no help. I know I have not ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have severe constipation after 2day fast will enema help
- Pepto-bismol and constipation
- Will cranberries help my constipation
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Will wheat germ help with constipation
- Golytely constipation will cramps
- Will olive oil help constipation
- Will applesauce help with constipation
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online