Doctor insights on:
Will Exposure To Anthrax Harm My Child
How rare is it for a normal, healthy child to be actually harmed (not just exposed) by lead in the u.S.?
Not so rare: Old houses are often painted on the oufside with lead paint, particularly in the inner city. Kids find that the flakes of peeling paint taste sweet and they get their lead poisoning that way. This causes changes in brain development that is not easy to spot and may easily be ascribed to other causes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many : Many parents are concerned that if their baby stands too early that they can get bowed legs - not true! babies begin to bear weight with support on their legs between 2-5 months, though they don't begin to stand on their own until 6-9 months. Many babies have legs that appear bowed just because of the way they were positioned in the mother's utuerus and this goes away by the time the child is 2 years old. There are a few disorders that cause bowed legs such as vitamin d deficiency, blount's disease, and skeletal dysplasia. All of these worsen with age instead of improve and have other abnormal signs that a doctor can check. If you have a specific concern about your child's legs, please discuss it with your child's doctor. Legal disclaimer: I am providing this general and basic information as a public service and my response to this question does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. For any additional information, advice, or specific concerns, please speak with your own physician. The information provided is current as of the date of the answer entry. ...Read more
My family smokes at home but does not smoke when the kids are around, does the lingering smoke still harm young child?
Go easy here: Please be happy if your child is healthy. I am concerned about your worry. Children differ and fluctuate throughout development. A good chat with your pediatrician will reassure you. If this just part of ongoing or many concerns, let's take care of you first. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i prevent myself from harming my body due to chemical exposure?
- Will i be able to breast feed my child if i have had breast implants
- Will a streptococcal infection harm my newborn child
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it okay to have sex when you have jock itch will my partner catch it?
- How long will it take for my black eye to heal?
- I slammed my finger in a door what can i do to save my nail will it regrow fast
- Will it harm my baby if i have abscess teeth while pregnant
- Talk to a dermatologist online