Doctor insights on:
Will Eating Sugar Inflame Arthritic Joints
I have joint inflammation when i work out-it seemed to subside about 50% on a gluten-free diet. I am sugar free-what other diet protocol should I try?
Starches : Per cnn story, high amounts of sugar in the diet increase advanced glycation end-products, or AGEs, a protein bound to a glucose molecule, resulting in damaged, cross-linked proteins. As the body tries to break these AGEs apart, immune cells secrete inflammatory messengers called cytokines. Depending on where the AGEs occur and your genetic predisposition, they could cause arthritis! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It is very important: to maintain range of motion of joints.Otherwise,they freeze up due to muscular atrophy,and thus,require more effort to move.This sets up a vicious cycle.Yoga is great at improving strength and flexibility.Get the inflammation treated,however. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best medication for joint inflamation?
- Can dairy products inflame arthritis joints?
- Could the arthritic lump on my finger joint be removed
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Sugar level after eating
- Sleepiness after eating sugar
- Bloating after eating sugar
- Lightheaded after eating sugar
- Joint pain after eating sugar