Doctor insights on:
Will Eating Beets Turn Urine Red
Urine is the product of the kidneys, which is produced to eliminate the waste products of metabolism, manage body fluid balance, &maintain acid-base balance. The blood is first filtered by the kidneys, and the composition of the resulting fluid is then altered depending on the body's needs. It is composed of mostly water, and breakdown products from blood cells impart ...Read more
Red urine: I am sorry to say that the Kool Aid you ingested did not make your urine turn red, Ask your parents to take you to an ER or physician to have your urine checked to make sure it does not have blood in it. Good luck. ...Read more
Red urine: If it is the only symptom and on first day, and absolutely no other abnormal feeling, it can be due to food [beets!] or blood = can be from a stone in the kidney of bladder [no pain if not causing blockage], or kidney malformation, of cancer if kidney-bladder. Infection can cause that but always with pain and frequency of urination. If lasting, need absolutely to see a doc. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can eating beets turn your urine red?
- Does eating beets turn your urine red?
- Will eating beets turn stool red
- Can eating beets turn urine red?
- Does eating beets turn urine red?
- Can eating beets turn your stool red?
- Can eating beets turn stool red?
- Can eating beets cause red urine?
- Talk to a urologist online for free