Doctor insights on:
Will Dying Your Hair While Pregnant Effect The Baby
Coloring & Pregnancy: Not much research on safety of hair color during pregnancy. Chemicals are absorbed through the skin, although usually a very small amount. One study linked hair color to a possible increased risk for cancer in the newborn but others have not. As a general rule, I'd stick to not coloring the hair if possible, and best to avoid during the beginning of pregnancy as cells are dividing more then. ...Read more
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Im 7 weeks pregnant; I've been tanning, on 400 mg lamotrigine, 40 mg adderall, dying my hair and chain smoking. What are the chances of a healthy baby?
Lower than average: The most accurate answer anybody can give you is that your chance of having a healthy baby is going to be lower compared to a person similar in health and age to you who does not do those things. Now, my hunch is that you probably guessed that would be my answer. So now...Maybe you have a follow-up question? ...Read more
Can color hair: No risk to baby, however, no research done on this topic ...Read more
Chemicals !!!!: Why take the chance. This is just too important. ...Read more
My sister is 4 months pregnant is it ok for her to highlight her hair will it do any harm to the baby?
Yes: You may. There are no known issues with hair coloring ...Read more
No: The hair bud begins forming at 12-14 weeks and hair will emerge by 18 weeks. ...Read more
Controversial: While this has not been studied, please consider hair color you can buy at a health food store. They are no organic hair dyes, but there are vegetable-based dyes. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- If you drink hot liquids while pregnant will it harm the baby
- Does sleeping on your stomach while pregnant hurt the baby?
- S holding your breath while pregnant bad for the baby
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Will it harm my baby if i have abscess teeth while pregnant
- Is it bad to shave the hairs off your belly if you are pregnant?
- Can taking laxatives while pregnant affect the baby?
- Can having a cold while pregnant harm the baby?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online