Doctor insights on:
Will Doxycycline Help Tonsillitis
Acute parenchymatous tonsillitis not responding to amoxycillin 500mg bd for 3 days . Can i shift to doxycycline ??
YES: Only under a doctor's supervision.Get a more detailed answer ›
I went to my doctor for tonsillitis he prescribed me doxycycline will this be effective against tonsillitis.
See ENT doc.: Tonsillitis is either a viral or bacterial infection of the tonsillar tissue. If viral, the inflammation may resolve without any specific treatment. If bacterial, a culture must be taken from the crypts of the tonsil to make sure that the physician uses the correct antibiotic. If you have 3 -4 documented episodes of tonsillitis, surgery is indicated. So see an ENT doctor for help. ...Read more
This can be serious: If this is your child, and the tonsillitis is due to strep throat, and you have some idea that penicillin is bad for Junior, and he/she gets rheumatic fever & dies / is crippled, you'll be very sorry. If Junior's tonsils are big enough to obstruct his airway, and you refuse scientific treatment, he can die in front of you. Most minor sore throats need only comfort measures. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will doxycycline help strep throat
- Will doxycycline help a sinus infection
- Coughing up green mucus will doxycycline help
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Will minocycline help strep throat
- Does doxycycline help with sinus infection?
- Can doxycycline be used to treat tonsillitis?
- Will biotin help grow facial hair
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free