Doctor insights on:
Will Doxycicline Help Step Throat
I'm already taking doxycycline for a skin rash. I have a sore throat and fever and was wondering if it will help?
Only if the throat..: If the throat has an infection caused by germs that can be killed by doxycycline, then the medication can help. That's a big "if", because many sore throats are caused by viruses (and thus are not affected by doxycycline). Also, the doxycycline for some rashes may be at a dose that is not right for treating bacterial throat infections. ...Read more
Had sore throat for 3 days went to doc he gave me doxycicline. Now day 4 have soreness, tender and pain right side of front neck. Hurts wit certain neck motions. Negative nuchal rigidity. Glands?
Will doxycycline hyclate help? My throat and ears hurt, especially when I swallow. I have no pus pockets or sores on my tonsils, also pressure in ears
Hard to say: Since you might have a virus/strep and or an ear infection, it is hard to say if that med would influence the outcome.It would do nothing for a virus, and is not the treatment of choice or backup for strep or ear infections. There are only a few things that med is actually good for. ...Read more
Hi.I was diagnosed a week ago by a Dr. as having a viral syndrome.He said my throat was pale.Prescribed Amantadine and Doxycycline.I don't feel better?
What is the daily dosage of doxycycline in case of ear/throat infection for female underweight adult with 93 lbs? I have been taking 200 mg/day. Ok?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will doxycycline help strep throat
- Will minocycline help strep throat
- Will minocycline help a sore throat
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have to clear my throat often will it help if i talk more or talk louder
- Will cipro help strep throat
- Will gargling with salt water help strep throat
- Will advil help a sore throat
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online