Doctor insights on:
Will Doctors Partner Cut Cord
Yes: The "final" part of the delivery is a very special event for both partners...In almost all cases of a routine delivery, every physician at my hospital allows -- even pushes for -- the partner to cut the umbilical cord. The only exception, unfortunately, is a c-section, which, of course, is a real surgery. Adding extra people (like partners) into the mix increases the risk of infection. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No: The umbilical cord does not hurt when it is clamped and cut. It has no nerves. ...Read more
Clamp it first...: ...To prevent the baby bleeding out.Get a more detailed answer ›
After delivering baby: doctor cut the umbilical cord against my wishes and she took the cord blood without explanation. Why did she rush to take it?
Cord blood studies: Obstetricians routinely gather placental blood samples to send for tests.The most common are the blood type and coombs test but other tests also.A blood gas to quantitate the amount of fetal stress during labor & delivery is very time sensitive and must be drawn immediately to get valid results.These help baby and bypass having to draw the blood from babies small veins. Sad you were not informed. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
"Just do it,": ..."the doctor typed at 7:03 pm from his desk at work...". ...Read more
Local anesthesia: For sure. Moderate or deep sedation, depends on practitioner, and you as a patient. Also, if a more "delicate" frenuloplasty is preformed, then sedation can prove beneficial for the surgeon - because no matter how well you tolerate procedure, you will inherently move your tongue. Many frenectomies can be performed with local anesthetic and are completed quickly with a soft tissue laser. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What will happen if i let a deep cut on my hand heal on its own without stitches?
- Cut thumb numb nerve wanted will heal
- Will you get breast infection if your partner sucks on your breast
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will it take for my paper cut to heal?
- If my partner smokes and drinks will it effect me getting pregnant
- Will a deep cut heal without stitches
- I have a brown spot in my left eye will it go away or should i see the doctor
- Doctor clamp cut cord delivery