Doctor insights on:
Will Cracking My Neck Cause Me Problems In The Future
Usually not. : Crack neck might induce facet joint relax or hypertrophy, not interfere with the neck length or bending. ...Read more
How does chiropractic neck cracking cause strokes? On the news, it said that chiropractors are a cause if strokes
Manipulation: Chiropractors, osteopaths and some physical therapists can cause strokes by the violent twisting of the neck usually causing injury to the vertebral artery or by breaking off plaque in carotid artery. This is a rare occurrence as most cervical adjustments are more controlled. Let your provider if you have any dizziness during treatment as that could be a risk sign. ...Read more
Can chiropractic neck "cracking" adjustment reduce dizziness caused by cervical foraminal stenosis?
Not recommended: Neck cracking done as "head thrusts" is considered potentially unsafe and should be avoided. The academy of neurology has come out against this procedure due to high risks of artery dissection and fatal stroke which can occur. I have seen 3 cases of these consequences while in training. I advise all my patients to reconsider doing such maneuvers. Risks vs. Benefits ratio unacceptably high. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can neck pain/stiff neck/neck cracking through maybe 15 years cause dizziness, pain in both upper arms and facial nerve tingling - for 3 months now?
Friends/family: This is just mind over matter. Involve your family and friends to make you accountable for your actions. A hypnotist may work if you're having trouble. Good luck! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will cracking my wrists give me arthritis in the future
- Can pinched nerves in the back or neck cause me to have black spots in my vision?
- Tension in the head and neck
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My right toe is in pain off and on can you tell me what's causeing the pain
- I have two herniated disks in my neck what is the best exercise fir me
- What is the clicking problem in my neck?
- What causes the pain in my neck when i breathe?
- Talk to a orthopedic spine surgeon online for free