Doctor insights on:
Will Basilar Thumb Arthritis Get Better Over Time
Not likely, sorry: Basilar joint arthritis (tmc arthritis) develops from ligament damage and laxity which impairs stability. Cartilage surfaces do well under compression but not shear forces. The instability with grasp and pinch leads to cartilage breakdown and arthritis. Many patients benefit from a supporting splint. Treatment depends upon symptoms, not severity of x-ray changes. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I have a mild degenerative change in the first carpal metacarpal joint, is this thumb arthritis and can I lift weights and exercise?
My mom has severe thumb arthritis and is in a lot of pain, what should she do to manage the pain, besides the splint & anti-inflammatory?
I'm finding it difficult to hold things for a long time without my thumb hurting , could this be arthritis?
Can you get arthritis in the joint in the middle of your thumb (where its wrinkly) from masturbating 2x per day everyday? Can it be reversed/treated?
Options for arthritis in thumb joint. Has ray and splint made. Very awkward to use all the time. Hard to use at work.
Wrist pain so bad i can not move my hand at times, no injury, hurts real bad when pressed on the wrist joint thumb side. I'm thinking arthritis?
Could be arthritis?: Ck with pcp. Does pain go up arm, was there history of trauma?- rule out carpal tunnel. ...Read more
For the past 2.5 yrs i been getting cortizone injections in my thumb. Dr. Is now talking surgery. What is the best surgery for basal joint arthritis?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does anyone get over palindromic arthritis and will a specific diet help?
- Will a partially collapsed lung re inflate itself over time
- What is pectus excavatum can it get worse over time?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does a herniated disk get worse over time?
- Why does my arthritis hurt more in the morning and get better throughout the day?
- Does costochondritis generally get worse over time?
- How can i tell if my whiplash after a car accident will get better?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free