Doctor insights on:
Will Antibiotics Delay Your Period
An antibiotic: Would not normally be a cause for your period to be delayed. ...Read more
Can a sinus infection and heavy dosage of antibiotics delay your period? I am having symptoms of PMS but no period.. my period is 4 days late.
Delayed period.: Illness can delay period - but antibiotics shouldn't. Reasons for missed / late period include: an anovulatory cycle in which no egg is released, marked v or ^ in weight; eating disorder; Over-exercising (endurance athletics), stress, travel, significant illnesses, oral contraceptives & other meds, Illegal drug use, breast feeding, hormone imbalances and medical problems (i.e., PCOS) & Pregnancy. ...Read more
Yes: Yes, but more importantly, they can INTERFERE with the EFFECTIVENESS of the contraceptive effect of your pill. Whenever I prescrive antibiotics for my female patients on the pilll, I counsel them to use a barrier method (condom) for contraceptiive purposes. For how long depends on how long you are on the antibiotic and where you are in your pill pack. Delived quite a few babies from this. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can an antibiotic delay your period?
- Can antibiotics delay your period?
- Can taking antibiotic delay your period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can being on antibiotics delay your period?
- Can taking antibiotics delay your period?
- Can antibiotics for chlamydia delay your period?
- Clindamycin antibiotic delays period
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free