Doctor insights on:
Will An Intrauterine Device Stop An Std
STD screening: Screening guidelines for stds recommend that sexually active men and women should be offered routine screening for hiv. Serologic testing for hepatitis b should also be done. Women with a history of unprotected sex/multiple partners should be screened yearly for gc and chlamydia. Men for chlamydia. The window period for detection of HIV antibodies is 6 wks-6 mos. After exposure. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
STD is also known as Sexually transmitted disease. This is a disease which can be transmitted from one person to another person through sexually related activities. This does not limit these activities to heterosexual intercourse, but encompasses all modalities of human-to-human sexual activity. It does not include illnesses that may make an individual more susceptible to a condition because of a sexual ...Read more
Very safe: In the right patient, very safe. The beauty of an iud is that if it causes discomfort or bleeding, it can be easily removed. Mirena also offers the benefit of low dose Progesterone locally which can help control heavy menstrual bleeding. It's unsafe for women prone for stds since the iud can help infections reach the pelvic cavity & cause infections or abscesses. Your doc will review your risks. ...Read more
Yes--preventing preg: The primary purpose of an iud is to prevent pregnancy and if it is something you desire and having no medical illness (i.E uterine anomaly, active infections etc..) prevent you from getting it, you can have it. There are several types available. Consult doc to see what is best for you. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
When to get preg: Main thing i want my patients to consider is when (or if) they want to get pregnant. If you want to conceive in about a year or less, don't get an iud. If you want to put off pregnancy for longer than a year, it's worth it. Get a long acting method like an iud. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible to get an std from oral that will show up the next day in mouth?
- What is an intrauterine device iud?
- How long you have to have hepatitis c before it will be seen on an std screen?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will it take for an antibiotic to reduce pain of a tooth infection?
- What could be causes of vaginal itching besides an std or a yeast infection?
- Will an antibiotic effect the efficiency of my nuvaring
- Can i get an std if my boyfriend pulls out?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free