Doctor insights on:
Will An Antibiotic Effect The Efficiency Of My Nuvaring
Use backup method: Most of the time it will be safe to use any antibiotics while using the nuvaring. It is known that nafcillin (penicillin family) can increase the metabolism of the contraceptive (estrogen) and therefore make it less reliable. You should always be using backup contraception such as barrier method while using NuvaRing or the pill. ...Read more
I have the nuvaring for birth control
I been taking antibiotics with it does this decrease efficiency and would it work if I stop using the antibiocs ?
Birth control: it is true that taking birth control with antibiotics can increase your chances of getting pregnant. You should use an additional form of birth control like condoms during the next few weeks of the antibiotics. Protection should return to normal after a few weeks off the antibiotics. ...Read more
No: This antibiotic is safe and you need to make no change. Another antibiotic, rifaximin, is the only antibiotic that decreases nuvaring's effectiveness. Other medications decrease effectiveness & include seizure drugs carbamazepine, phenytoin, primidone, & phenobarbital, herbal medicine, st. John’s wort & HIV drug ritonavir. Yeast medicine Miconazole increases NuvaRing hormone levels. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Im on nuvaring had it in for 3 weeks started taking amoxicillin so i had my period for 5 days just finished the antibiotic and bleeding again why?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Side effect of the nuvaring
- Side effect of nuvaring
- Does nuvaring have any effect on fibroadenomas?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can taking antibiotics effect my chances for getting pregnant?
- What is the side effect of antibiotic?
- Effect of antibiotics during pregnancy
- What are the side effect of antibiotics?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free