Doctor insights on:
Will An Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Make You Tired
Abdominal aortic aneurysm is the dangerous condition where a portion of the wall of the aorta, the largest artery in the body, becomes thin and bulges out. This puts the aorta at risk of bursting, which is frequently fatal. Weakness of the wall of the aorta is often due to a long history of high blood ...Read more
Bulging Aorta: Ballooning of the abdominal portion of the aorta. The aorta is one of the major arteries that carry blood from your heart to the rest of the body. Sometimes patients with high blood pressure, cholesterol plaque formation can have weakened wall of this big artery, causing it to bulge ( balloon out) like when one blow air into a balloon; if ruptured, instant death can occur. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: The treatment of an abdominal aortic aneurysm depends on a number of factors. Aneurysms should be followed with ultrasound on a serial basis until they reach 5.5 CM or they exhibit rapid growth within a defined period of time. At that point the decision on how to repair the aneurysm depends on a number of anatomic factors that can be defined by an endovascular surgeon. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends on size: Rupture rates from aaa's less than 4 cm are very small. Risk of rupture at 5-5.5 cm is about 5% per year. The risk goes up quickly from there. For example, 10-20% at 6-7 cm, and 20-40% for 7-8 cm. An intervention is often recommended if the aneurysm grows more than 1 cm per year or it is bigger than 5.5 cm. Data also supports consideration for a lower threshold in women (5 cm) - rupture earlier. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Aortic aneurysm is a medical condition in which there is an balloon like outpouching in the wall of the aorta, which is the largest blood vessel in the body. Most commonly, this aneurysm occurs in the segment of the aorta that runs through the abdomen. Rupture can lead to massive ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- The regular abdominal xray can you see an aortic aneurysm if i had one
- Will an inversion table make you taller
- Can an abdominal aortic aneurysm be detected on a gall bladder ultrasound test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does an arrhythmia usually make you feel short of breath and tired?
- Can a person with an abdominal aortic aneurysm lift weights safely?
- Can you get an aortic aneurysm from lifting weights?
- My mother has an aortic aneurysm what is the chance that i will also get this
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free