Doctor insights on:
Will Amoxicillin Treat Strep Throat
My son is 7 & 65.2 lbs. Er gave us prescription for amoxicillin to treat strep throat. The dose is 12.5 ml twice a day. We have never taken so much. ?
?drug concentration?: This medication usually comes in a 250/5 or 400/5 concentration. The concentration will determine the suggested dose. If 250/5 the 12.5ml would be 625mg given 2x daily witch is pretty routine. If 400/5 it would be 1000mg for 2x/d which would often be used to treat severe infections or resistant pneumococcus, not strep. ...Read more
I started amoxicillin yesterday for strep throat, and realized today that i have a UTI as well, will the amoxicillin treat both at the same time?
Is 80mg/kg/day amoxicillin too high for a 35lbs 3yo kid to treat strep throat? I read 20-50mg/kg/day is the usual, wondering if mistake made on Rx.
How do you treat strep throat if I'm allergic to bactrim, keflex, cipro, (ciprofloxacin) and amoxicillin? Also allergic to inactive ingredient propylene glycol.
Yes: Amoxicillin is a penicillin-type of medication, and works very well against strep throat infections. The doctor can calculate the correct dose and the proper amount of time to use the amoxicillin. Strep throat is contagious and quite common in the community, meaning we primary care doctors see such infections every week. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Dosing: Why are you asking? If there are concerns speak with the pharmacist or the prescribing doctor ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does amoxicillin treat strep throat?
- Amoxicillin dose strep throat
- Amoxicillin dosage for strep throat
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Strep throat treatment amoxicillin dose
- Strep throat amoxicillin dosing for children
- Amoxicillin vs zithromax for strep throat
- Azithromycin vs amoxicillin for strep throat
- Talk to a pediatrician online