Doctor insights on:
Will Amoxicillin Treat Pink Eye
Will amoxicillin treat pink eye if it is bacterial? My 5 year old has an ear infection accompanied by her eyes now oozing green. Wasn't sure if amoxic
7.5 month old daughter was given 7mls amoxicillin twice a day for 10 days. She is 14lbs 14oz the amount seems real high to me. It is for pink eye, and?
Hard to say: You have not provided the strength of the med (amoxicillin) or a clear reason why it was used . Proper dose is higher for things like an ear infection that it would be for a bladder infection.There is more than one strength of medicine available, so giving the amount without the strength does not give us enough info. ...Read more
Cold for 3 wks, then a facial herpes breakout, then pink eye. Went to dr, gave me a prescription for amoxicillin because "i've been sick so long" why?
2yr old given two drops oflaxin for pink eye. Hives within ten min of drops and lasted 5 days. He also had hives after amoxicillian.Antibioticallergy?
Very unusual: Although not impossible, hives from an eye drop is unusual since very little of the medicine gets absorbed in the body. Nonetheless, we should presume an allergy reaction & follow up with your pediatrician or allergist for additional testing. And to clarify, it would not be an allergy to antibiotics, but an allergy to quinolone antibiotics and Amoxicillin (although rash may also be a side effect. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can cephalexin treat pink eye?
- Will amoxicillin treat gonorrhea
- Can tobramycin be used to treat pink eye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Will keflex help pink eye
- Will pink eye go away without antibiotics
- Will benadryl help pink eye
- Does garamycin treat pink eye?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free