Doctor insights on:
Will Alcohol Slow Down Healing From Surgery
Yes: Retinal detachment is a very serious condition and surgery to repair it requires that you take very good care of yourself while it heals. Both smoking and alcohol have been demonstrated to increase the risk for retinal damage in patients with other risk factors. I suggest you avoid both while recovering and until your retinal surgeon gives the OK. ...Read more
I am 2 weeks post op for inguinal hernia surgery-- is it ok to consume alcohol, or will it affect the healing process?
Alcohol injections or surgery for Morton's neuroma. Sclerosing alcohol injections are an increasingly available treatment alternative if the above management approaches fail. Dilute alcohol (4%) is injected directly into the area of the neuroma, causing
See below: Yes chronic and heavy drinking disrupts the normal balance between bone formation by osteoblasts and the removal of old bone by osteoclasts. Alcohol has an adverse effect on osteoblast activity, thus suppressing new bone formation. "the empty space created by normal bone-removing activity is inadequately filled by newly formed bone, " chakkalakal explains in a press release issued by the university. "t. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I'm getting a endoscopic & septoplasty surgery.Can i weighttrain & cardio after 2 weeks of healing.Should i start slow? .As i'm natural bodybuilder .
I had surgery for bad absess on my buttocks it healing slow and im still on meds 6months after surgery?
A pilonidal cyst?: abscess in the buttocks does not take six month to heal, you might be having infected pilonidal cyst, it can take that long to heal. you need to see a surgeon or a wound specialist for your problem. location of the wound ,the depth, the stage of healing, the kind of bacteria involves, history of diabetes or not, all are factors that affect the wound healing. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When will swelling go down after acl surgery
- How long will it take for my hand to heal from surgery?
- When will the swelling go down after open carpal tunnel surgery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Some juice from an orange went down the wrong waywhat will happen to the juice
- How long will it take to recover from surgery for a chiari malformation?
- Does alcohol slow down your metabolism?
- Will the antioxidants in red wine help offset the liver damage from the alcohol
- Does alcohol slow down healing?