Doctor insights on:
Will Adenomyosis Prevent
After I had a hysterectomy, I was told that I had adenomyosis. Is that different from endometriosis?
Yes it is different: Adenomyosis is when there are glands from the lining of the uterus up inside the wall of the uterus. Endometriosis is when these cells and glands from the lining of the uterus are growing outside the uterus. Adenomyosis is a common cause of heavy periods. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I'm 20 years old that has problems with bc pills so can't take them and I have adenomyosis what else will help besides bc pills?
I have severe hip pain 3 days prior to my period and last 3 days into my period, I was diagnosed with adenomyosis, I'd this normal? What can I do?
Try to stop menses: It is not enough info to know with certainty that adenomyosis is the cause of your condition. So you may benefit from more thorough investigation. However, due to clear connection of the pain with your cycle, you may attempt to use continuous regiment of birth control pills to avoid cycling. It'll hopefully prevent the changes associated with menses to cause the pain. ...Read more
Not too much: Adenomyosis refers to the situation where the lining of your uterus (called endometrial glands) are abnormally situated within the muscular wall of the uterus. When you have your period this causes pain as the blood gets trapped within the muscle instead of being expelled from the uterus. It is a benign condition that is painful but not life threatening. It is not a cancerous condition. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Benign condition: Adenomyosis is a benign condition in which the glands that normally line the uterus implant within the walls of the uterus. When the uterine lining normally thickens and bleeds each cycle, those glands also thicken and bleed. This leads to excessively heavy and painful periods. The walls of uterus may become swollen, globular, and spongy. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will adenomyosis prevent my from having children
- Will amoxicillin prevent me from getting pregnant
- Will cellulitis come back how can i prevent this
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Will 5 hour energy drinks prevent me from getting restful sleep
- Will differin gel help prevent wrinkles
- Will having a hydrocele prevent me from having children forever
- Will b complex vitamin prevent hair loss when taking methotrexate
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free