Doctor insights on:
Will A Hot Bath Help With This Muscle Pain
Sometimes: In acute muscle injury, within the first 24 hours, cold bath and ice therapy is the therapy of choice. After the first 24 hours of muscle injury, moist heat or ultrasound heat treatments are the gold standard. I have some chronic pain patients who get adequate pain relief from warm or hot baths and showers. Some patients complain of increase muscle pain after they had a warm/hot bath and showers. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It is a body tissue that has the ability to contract. It shortens and generates force. It relaxes and returns to its original length. Muscles move joints, stabilize the body, move air and food through the organs, act as valves for bladder, bowel and other organs. They control movement of the eyes. They help us express ourselves by changing the shape of our ...Read more
Are there any side effects to taking Epsom salt baths for muscle pain/anxiety relief (it helps)? How often should I include Epsom salt in my baths?
Its course: It will take its course, try an oral NSAID to help with the pain and hydrate yourself. ...Read more
My calf muscle seized up during spin class. I felt severe pain and couldn't move it. It subsided with a hot bath but still not 100%. What should I do?
I am suffering shoulder blade pain, my doctor said it’s upper back muscle strain, last throughout the day but better after hot bath how to alleviate?
Treatment: I usually use ice for the first 24-48 hours to reduce swelling and then use heat to heal the muscle tissue. ...Read more
Yes: But the main pronciple for your treatement is the moist heat. If there's no improvement in the bnext week seek attention at your local er. ...Read more
SORE MUSCLES USUALLY: Respond well to cool/cold compresses.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will a heating pad help with kidney stone pain
- Will a mouth guard help with jaw pain from clenching teeth
- Will a hot tub help the pain of bruises and soreness
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can heat help with pain from a pulled muscle?
- Does gargling with hot salt water really help mouth sores and pain?
- Will sleeping with a girdle on help you lose weight
- Would orajel help with pain from a decaying tooth
- Talk to a dermatologist online