Doctor insights on:
Will A Descending Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Get Smaller Or Disappear
Aortic aneurysm is a medical condition in which there is an balloon like outpouching in the wall of the aorta, which is the largest blood vessel in the body. Most commonly, this aneurysm occurs in the segment of the aorta that runs through the abdomen. Rupture can lead to massive ...Read more
No: Echocardiography is cheaper, has no radiation, and is accurate. I routinely follow patients with thoracic aortic aneurysms with annual echos. ...Read more
What are the differences of getting CT angiography vs. Mra for ascending thoracic aortic aneurysm?
Same: Pretty much the same thing.Get a more detailed answer ›
It's OK to fly: There's nothing about flying that will adversely affect your thoracic aortic aneurysm. You should have it evaluated by a vascular surgeon, depending on its size, at least annually. Our usual threshold for repair of a thoracic aneurysm that is not causing symptoms (e.g., pain) is around 6 cm. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Rare but rising: For men it is 16.3 per 100, 000 per year and for women it is 9.1 per 100, 000 per year. Numbers are small so you could say that an average male has a less than one hundredth of a percent chance per year of developing one. (data from journal circulation, 2006). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will a aortic aneurysm disappear
- I swallowed a small chicken bone accidently will my stomach digest it or do i risk puncturing
- Is a descending aortic aneurysm more dangerous than an ascending aortic aneurysm?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i wait to get a dental implant or will teeth move if bruxism?
- Will i have to get poked with a needle or feel pain when i get an upper arm lift
- Can someone use a hyperbaric chamber if he or she has had an aortic aneurysm?
- Is it safe to get the hepatitis b vaccine while pregnant or as a small child?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free