Doctor insights on:
Why You Cant Drink Alcohol While Taking Antibiotics
Alcohol is available in many beverages, from beer and wine to the more potent distilled spirits, such as gin, rye, and whiskey. There appear to be at least small health benefits of small amounts of alcohol use (fewer than five drinks per week), especially of red wine Excessive alcohol use can lead to addiction and severe social and physical complications. Excess long term alcohol use is the most common cause of cirrhosis of the ...Read more
Don't get drunk!: There's no mention of food or alcohol interaction w/amoxicillin at http://www.Drugs.Com/drug-interactions/amoxicillin.Html. You can find more info at http://www.Drugs.Com/amoxicillin.Html. In general, whether taking medication or not, we don't recommend drinking to excess. Don't forget to finish your medication as directed. In other words, don't save any for your next infection! ...Read more
Not a good idea: While not a direct interaction with the keflex, alcohol will slow the healing process. An antibiotic is taken to hold a "bug" (micro-organism) in check while your body's defenses can fight it off. Alcohol supresses your body's defenses- so therefore the healing is slowed and you may not acheive total eradication of the bug! ...Read more
Yes.: But as with any medication do not drink to excess. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why cant you drink alcohol while taking antibiotic?
- Why cant you have alcohol while taking antibiotics?
- Why cant you have alcohol while taking antibiotics for bacterial vaginosis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why cant you drink alcohol while taking tindamax?
- Why cannot you drink alcohol while taking antibiotics?
- Why cant you have alcohol while on antibiotics?
- Why cant you drink alcohol with antibiotics for bv?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online