Doctor insights on:
Why Would You Check Prolactin In A Man
What to do if I'm a 22 year of man and had a check-up last week. my prolactin level is really higher than the usual. what is the function of the prolactin in man?
PRL in men: Hi. Prolactin (PRL) elevation in men turns off the pituitary drivers of testicular function; get lower testosterone and sperm production. Why did your doc check your PRL? Something you told him/her prompted that, or maybe a low testosterone level (which he/she would have drawn based on something in your history). Good luck! ...Read more
In males "assuming" a man got prolactin pills or injection, what do you think, will that raise or lower his estrogen levels?
No Effect: Estrogens levels will not be raised. Free testosterone will. ...Read more
Due to a recent head injury a client is told that his pituitary is hypersecreting prolactin is there a need to be concern of this young man?
Follow this: This is not unusual for there to be transient pituitary abnormalities after tbi. This should be followed by your doctor. If it persists, it should be worked up to make certain there isn't a coincident pituitary tumor (prolactinoma). Elevated prolactin in the short term is tolerable, but not in the long term. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What pathology could cause low levels of testosterone (in a man) along with a low estimated bioavailable fraction? Ganadotropins- normal.Prolactin-539
Due to a recent head injury, a patient is told that his pituitary is hypersecreting prolactin. Is there need for concern about this young man?
Gynecomastia: Ziprasidone is a second-generation antipsychotic used in the treatment of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Prolactin elevation is a possible side effect of all of the medications in this class, although some are more likely than others. Patients having possible gynecomastia should discuss this possibility with their prescribing physician and a prolactin level may be indicated. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do you get a strange taste in your mouth when you have a cold or flu?
- Why do doctors make you pee in a cup?
- Why would doctor check your vagina for a sports physical?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do people think small hands in a man are a joke?
- Why would a splenectomy increase the number of platelets in my blood?
- Why would a steroid shot cause you to bloat?
- Why would a lymph node enlarge under the armpit in a female?
- Why would you have a metallic taste in your mouth?