Doctor insights on:
Why Would Someone Need A Pacemaker
Electrical issues: The heart has mechanical and electrical functions. A pacemaker is needed when the patient's heart rate or rhythm is abnormal. The most typical conditions are bradycardia (slow heart rate), tachycardia (fast heart rate) and heart block (a condition where the heart stops beating for several seconds). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A pacemaker is a device which sends electrical signals to the heart triggering heartbeats when needed. There are many ways to implant and configure a pacemaker; it may beat the top chambers (atria), lower chambers (ventricles) or both. Some systems stimulate both the left and right ventricles together. Pacemakers generally treat abnormally slow heart rhythms and certain ...Read more
Pacemaker: You have no reason to not be able to exercise because of a pacemaker the pacemaker has no effect on your ability to exercise if you cannot reach adequate heart rate on exertion you can ask your doctor to reset the pacer to a higher exercise rate as far as a diet decrease the number of calories per day if you want to loose weight use my fitness pal application to follow your progress. ...Read more
Heart device.: A cardiac pacemaker is a device that is implanted in the chest to permanently regulate heartbeat rhythms. The pacemaker monitors the heartbeat to make sure it is not beating too slowly, and when necessary transmits electric pulses to the heart to increase the heartbeat pace. Pacemakers are periodically replaced every several years when the battery runs out. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why would someone need a bone marrow transplant?
- Why would someone need open heart surgery?
- Why would someone have a seizure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why is it unsafe for someone with a pacemaker to have an mri scan?
- Why would someones nose bleed after death?
- Why would someones butt bleed when they poop?
- Why would someone have migranes alot?
- Talk to a cardiologist online