Doctor insights on:
Why Would One Have Neutropenia And Lump In Neck
Defined numerically as an absolute neutrophil count (anc) less than 1500. From there it is subdivided into mild (1000-1500), moderate (500-1000) and severe (<500). Folks with severe neutropenia are at increased risk for bacterial infections. Mild to moderate, less so. The reason for neutropenia needs to be determined. Treatments range from observation to stem cell ...Read more
Yes: A bone marrow biopsy is needed due to the presence of neutropenia if it is otherwise unexplained. In addition, the presence of the lump in the neck is worrisome and should be, if needed, biopsied. If the neck node is + for lymphoma a bone marrow would be required to see if there is lymphoma in the bone marrow. Hope this helps and good luck. ...Read more
Midline swelling?: If the lump is in the midline it may be remnant of thyroid development. It is known as thyroglossal cyst.If this be the case see your pediatrician and discuss the problem with him. If the lump is on the side of the neck it may be a lymph gland resulting from a old or upper respiratory infection. Again see your doctor for further evaluation. ...Read more
Call physician: Anytime a lump develops, it is important to have it checked out to determine what it is and if any treatment is needed. This could be a thyroid problem. ...Read more
See your physician.: It is always best to evaluate the cause of a problem before taking any medicine for symptoms. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Must i have marrow biopsy if neutropenia and lump in neck
- Why do i have a lump in my neck?
- Why do i have a lump on my neck?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why would i have 2 periods in one month happens every month?
- Why would one foot swell?
- Why do i have a little lump on my neck?
- Why would someone have a seizure?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online