Doctor insights on:
Why Would My White Blood Cell Count Be High
My white blood cell count was 6.25... Is this normal or low? Is it okay to take prednisone for poison ivy with this WBC count?
Can be: With mononucleosis you can have an elevated lymphocyte count with a significant percentage of them being atypical lymphocytes or "virocytes". ...Read more
Not high at all: Leukemia is a word that means "white blood". Originally leukemia was recognized when the white blood count was very high. However, as we develop a better understanding, we know that leukemia can be associated with a very low, normal, or high white blood cell count. What is important is the process going on in the bone marrow. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How high and are the: Cells normal? Normal count is 4-11 thousand and within this range all counts are okay. If you have any symptoms, you need to see your doctor. See this site for more info. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/complete-blood-count/my00476. ...Read more
Considerations: Your white cells in your blood vessels are in the serum and on the walls of the vessels, stress, steroids or other compounds that raise your Adrenalin will push them off the wall and more into the serum. However, if persistent elevation i would see a hematologist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is my white blood cell count high?
- Why would your white blood cell count be high?
- Why would my red blood cell count be high?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why white blood cell count is high?
- Why would you have a low white blood cell count?
- Why are my white blood cell count low?
- Why is my white blood cell count low?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free