Doctor insights on:
Why Would My Eye Be Twiching
Eye Twitching: This is technically referred to as myokyemia. Most causes of this are benign and short lives. Stress, lack of sleep, and eye strain have all been implicated. Caffeine and alcohol are also thought to play a role in some instances. There are some much less common neurological disorders, so a physician evaluation is a good idea. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Right eye twiching last one year at least 10 times in a day and stays 5 minutes.I watched more tv before this.
Tic: You may have a tic. Consult your doctor or a neurologist. ...Read more
It is temporary: Muscle twitching is common and often it does not have a clear cut cause. I would ignore it and expect it to go away on its own. if you have worsening of this problem and muscle spasms in other body areas, then you should go see your primary care physician and have a complete physical exam and some routine blood tests to make sure that all systems are well. ...Read more
I stopped taking topiramate for my aneurysms and now have twiching in my eye and bad headaches, is this because of stopping i never refilled for two we?
Not for aneurysms: There is no drug for aneurysm treatment. While topiramate may have been given to you for treatment for aneurysm symptoms, a symptomatic aneurysm usually needs a procedure. Visit with the md who gave you the medication to clarify the reason you are receiving it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Stress: Sounds like stress and or anxiety. Random twitching of an eyelid, which happens in normal people, is called myokymia (an involuntary, spontaneous, quivering of a few muscle cell bundles within a muscle). Myokymia starts and stops spontaneously. In the eyelids, it can last a few minutes to a few days. Often triggered by stress, dry eyes, caffeine, or lack of sleep. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why would my hand be swelling after a rotator cuff surgery?
- My right eye lid is drooping more than the left side why could that be
- Why would my sprained finger be hot and swollen?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why would my white blood cell count be high?
- Why would my total protein be low on a random urine sample?
- Why would i be bleeding a week after my period?
- Why would i need to see a neurologist for my eye?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free