Doctor insights on:
Why Wearing Glasses Makes Eyes Sunken
May be an illusion: Wearing glasses will not physically change the eyes, it just optically corrects the focusing of the image so that it is clear to the eye. Wearing nearsighted glasses (myopia) can give the illusion that the eyes appear to be smaller and possibly sunken back, while farsighted glasses (like reading glasses) make the eyes look larger. This is a magnification effect based on the power of the lens. ...Read more
No: Not at all.Get a more detailed answer ›
I'm an 18 yr old female & i've been wearing glasses for 8 years. My eye look sunken in, puffy and dark circles all around with indentation marks at the sides of my nose. Is there a natural way to fix this?
21 yrs old , having sunken eyes with dark circles for past 2 yrs ,not hereditary,using glasses for past 3 yrs,plz tell me possible cause and remedy?
Allergic rhinitis?: You get sunken eyes with dark circles if you don't get enough sleep, are exhausted and are not well hydrated. But if you feel normal, and still have those symptoms, do you also have runny nose, sneezing in the morning and at other times, without feeling sick? If so, you may have allergic rhinitis (or hay fever). See your doctor who can prescribe effective medicines. ...Read more
Yes: Some people squint all the time to see clearly taking advantage of the pinhole effect this offers. Chronic squinting can cause permanent furrowing and creasing of the thin lid skin resulting in wrinkles and a look of fatigue. It's very easy to get clear glasses designed for the task at hand - see your ophthalmologist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Glasses makes eyes sunken swollen
- Wearing glasses makes eyes worse
- Does wearing contact lenses make your eyes weaker as in comparison to glasses?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is wearing glasses bad for your eyes?
- Why is one of my eyes sunken?
- Can wearing glasses damage your eyes?
- Fight time wearing glasses and weird feeling eyes
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free