Doctor insights on:
Why Was I Hearing My Heartbeat In My Ear When I Was Lying Down
I hear this ringing sound for like two seconds almost every month in my lifted ear only could it be my unborn child's heartbeat I'm hearing I need phe?
Tinnitus: 2 seconds every month seems like a rare event to me. It's unlikely that ringing sound is fetal heartbeat. If worried, time rate of ringing sound. Fetal heart rate is 120-160 beats per minute or 2-3 beats per second. Check out http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/tinnitus/basics/definition/con-20021487 for more info. ...Read more
High blood pressure: Normally one doesn't hear their own heartbeat. However sound travels in the direction of (blood) flow & the only way it gets amplified is if there is more. That happens frequently (but not most of the time) with high blood pressure, or hypertension (also known as the silent killer, but perhaps u r lucky it's not silent in your case). See a doctor, get your blood pressure checked during an episode. ...Read more
Lately, i've been hearing my heartbeat in my right ear. When this happens, i can sort of feel it in my ear as if the blood vessel is pumping and pushing against something.. Help.
Audible heartbeat: I have heard patients complain about an audible heartbeat most commonly when they are anemic. It can also commonly occur with high blood pressure. Under rare circumstances it can be due to a vascular tumor near the ear drum. Please see a doctor and ask them to check your blood pressure, complete blood count, and auditory canal. If these are normal, further investigation will be needed. ...Read more
Is it normal to hear your heartbeat while lying face down on the bed? I hear a slight whoosh or air sounds in my ear when I bend over.
Not sure: I am not sure why looking down makes you aware of pulsation in your ear. But i can tell you what you are experiencing. The carotid artery, the large artery in the neck that supplies blood to the brain is very close to the cochlea, the hearing portion of the inner ear. The inner ear senses these pulsations. I am surprised that more people are not aware of this. Called pulsatile tinnitus. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- My period was 12 days late when i did come on im spotting why
- Why is my throat in pain when i swallow a pill then lie down immediately?
- Why do i hear crackling in my ear when opening wide?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do i hear my heartbeat in my ears should i be worried?
- Why is there a sharp pain in my back bottom gum when i lay down?
- This morning with sharp pain in my left ear i was wondering what could this be
- Sore throat for 4 days i had strep when i was in my teens what is it
- What is bile and why do i get it in my throat when i lay down?