Doctor insights on:
Why Stoma Swollen
Hello. : Hello. This is a bit confusing. Are you stomach and penis swelling? Do you have pain in either location? Is there any discoloration? Do you have any chronic diseases? How old are you? ...Read more
My mother had a colostomy back in october 2012..All has been going pretty good til today, and her stoma is swollen and enlarged....What might cause it?
Stoma care: It is really important one cares for their stoma properly. There are a couple of different kinds of stomas. My best advise is to work with your dr. And especially the nurse. In fact, there are certain nurses who specialize in this ostomy area and have real expertise. You should work closely with the nurse. Here is a link for a website dealing with ostomy care: http://www.Wocn.Org/. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not always: The success of a stoma reversal depends on many factors including the original reason for the stoma, the overall condition of the patient and the amount of bowel remaining. Often a temporary stoma is constructed for diverticulitis. In this situation, reversal is often successful assuming a healthy remaining rectum. Each case should be looked at individually for the pros and cons of reversal. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Enema via stoma: You can - but you will need a special enema bag and stoma cone. Probably best just to use tap water enema Irrigation is done with a special short cone-shaped end (called a stoma cone) to the irrigation tubing. This is designed this way in order to 1) keep the fluid being instilled from leaking out, and 2) making sure that the colon is not perforated. Here is a link to a picture: http://www.walgreens.com/store/produ...id=prod3398909 An enema done through a stoma with a standard enema tip could perforate the bowel, because the bowel to the stoma may be at an angle. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- My vagina gets swollen sometimes after sex why
- Why does under my right vagina lip appear swollen and red and hurts a little?
- Why are my hands swollen when i wake up?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why are my lymph nodes swollen on my left inner thigh?
- Swollen bumpy labia minora on one side only why
- Why is the roof of my mouth feeling swollen after throwing up?
- Why are my lips swollen in the morning?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free