Doctor insights on:
Susceptibility To Strep Throat
I was around someone who has strep throat will I get in I don't think I've ever had it really worried ?
Exposure level: There are illnesses like chickenpox that you can get from breathing common air for 30 minutes in the same room.This is not that type of illness.It can pass in oral mucous, so if exposed to that in some way it is possible. If you develop a sore throat have it tested. If you had little or no direct contact I would quit worrying. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: A tonsillectomy removes the prominent palatine tonsils on either side of the back of the throat. However, there is tonsil like tissue located in patches around the throat and roof of the throat. That and the rest of the throat tissue can become inflamed with a strep infection. Removal can reduce the intensity of symptoms but does not eliminate the risk of strep. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Although uncommon for babies to be diagnosed with strep throat, certainly anything is possible! strep is generally passed from one victim to another by direct contact or through infected droplets of naso-oral secretions. Most caretakers are cautious around newborns, understanding that these little ones can be at risk. But, if dad--with strep throat--"parked" junior's pacifier in his mouth, well... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do some people get mono when others dont?
- Why do some people get hangovers while other people dont?
- Why do some people get intense trembling and twitching when nervous?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Exposed to strep throat
- Exposed to strep throat what to do
- What to do if exposed to strep throat?
- Can you get strep throat if you dont have tonsils?
- Talk to a pediatrician online