Doctor insights on:
Why So Tired All The Time Gouty Arthritis
See below: Two tests: one is a blood test which tests the level of uric acid in your blood. The second on is a test of the joint fluid in the affected joints or joint that looks for urate crystrals under a microscope. These crystals look like needles which can feel like needles as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Long answer: Gouty arthritis is a form of inflammation in the joint caused by the presence of uric acid crystals in the joint fluid. These can cause intense inflammation with pain swelling and redness. The acute attack is treated with forms of cortisone either by mouth or injected into the joint, anti-infalmmatory medications like Indocin or colchicine. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Several: Gout is caused by a problem of purine( a type of protein) metabolism. We all produce purine but it is the build up of it in the body that may cause a gouty attack. For certain people they may produce too much of it and or they may not get rid of it fast enough so it build up in the body usually around the joints( big toe). Poor kidney function, eating too much fish/meat and drinking are factors. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why so tired all the time rheumatoid arthritis?
- Why am i so tired all the time lately?
- Why are my legs so tired all the time?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do i feel so tired all the time?
- Why am i so tired all the time?
- Why do i feel so tired all the time lately?
- Why am i so tired all the time female?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free