Doctor insights on:
Why No Iron With A Colonoscopy
Im having a colonoscopy on October 14th. It says to not take iron for 2 weeks. Does that mean supplements or the food i eat?
I have iron def anaemia. Colonoscopy result ok, fobt +ve for blood am waiting for capsule endoscopy result. What is pill camera able to diagnose?
I have iron def anaemia. Colonoscopy result ok, fobt +ve for blood am waiting for capsule endoscopy result. What may cause microscopic blood loss?
Bleeding.: Agents that cause inflammation of the gut, eg aspirin, anti-inflamatory drugs, alcohol, endocrine disease-addisons disease and cushings disease; parasites, stomach acid or gall bladder reflux into the esophagus; (rare) tumors of the small bowel including acid secreting tumors. Are you iron deficient from bleeding or nonabsorption? ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have low iron levels 5.7, I have had a colonoscopy and gastronoscopy and there was no bleeding found. I take iron supplements but still no change. ?
Gluten: You may have gluten sensitivity, which can damage your gut cells. Damaged cells may not do a good job of absorbing the nutrients you eat. Consider taking vitamin c as this enhances iron absorption. Consider switching to a different form of iron, such as polysacaride. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I am preparing for colonoscopy in 4 days. Should I stop intravenous infusions of iron and vitamin b12?
Need more info: I suspect that your doctor has found that you have iron deficiency anemia. This is a very straightforward diagnosis to make. The colonoscopy is helpful to make sure that you are not losing it in the bowel. If oral iron is not helping then you might need IV iron to rapidly make up for what you can't get from pills. ...Read more
Normal iron levels however hgb is low 13.6. What this mean? Bening colon polyps removed. Diverticulosis diagnosed from most recent colonoscopy.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Danger of iron supplements with a colonoscopy
- Why do i have a fever with no other symptoms?
- Why do women with a heart attack but no chest pain die so often?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it advised for women to sleep with no underwear on why or why not?
- Why do i wake up with what feels like a hangover?
- How much is it to go to a ent with no insurnace?
- Why do i wake up every morning with a stomach ache 8 weeks?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free