Doctor insights on:
Why My Lungs Hurt After Running
Deoxygenated blood enters the lungs from the right side of the heart and travels to the lungs. When you inspire, oxygen flows into the lungs, transverses the capilliares and attaches to hemoglobin down a gradient. At the same time, co2 diffuses into the capilaries and is expelled with exhalation. Oxygen rich blood then flows to the left side of the heart and into the ...Read more
With exercise Induced Asthma why when your running does your Rib/Lung area hurt even if taken the inhaler before activity and hurts still after sport?
Help docs? Why is it when running in the cold my lungs hurt and i feel congested & a headache in frontal lobes?
Problem with cold?: Sounds like you have poor tolerance for cold weather, usually exaggerated by exercise. You may also have what is called "exercise induced asthma" A more detailed history and examination is needed to make the right diagnosis. Treatment could be as simple as using an inhaler before running. Try not to postpone it too far off. ...Read more
Every time i go running i get extremely bad pain around my sternum and ribs/lungs. It hurts when i breathe deeper and shortness of breath.
Airways constricting: Lungs that exposed to the cold usually causes a narrowing of the airways, called broncho-constriction. In some cases it may a sign of asthma. Chest pain in general should be taken seriously and may be a sign of underlying heart issues, so seeking medical attention is important. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do my teeth jaw hurt after running?
- Why do my feet hurt after long distance running?
- Why do my lungs hurt after exercise?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why does the top of my foot hurt after running?
- Why does the top of my butt hurt after running for a few days?
- Why do my ears start hurting after running for long periods of time?
- Why does my stomach hurt after running 13 1 miles?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free