Doctor insights on:
Why Must Some Drugs Be Taken On An Empty Stomach
No it is not compuls: No it is not compulsory.Bp drugs can be taken in the morning and at night and without regards to food.Only BP meds not to be taken at night are diuretis and those combination drugs containing diuretics. ...Read more
Took 1/2 of 5/325 percocet about 13 hrs before drug test. never take pill,empty stomach,2 bottle waters and urinated x3. will it show?
I am taking ferrous sulfa. Drug 3x daily, and it says to take on an empty stomach.After i take this drug, how long later can I eat?I am anemic.
Ferrous sulfate: This is best absorbed from an acid stomach environment. Take ferrous sulfate on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal. Avoid taking antacids or antibiotics within 2 hours before or after taking ferrous sulfate, and you can probably eat at about the same time. ...Read more
?Ampyra: You could use with or without food twice daily, but some patients do have mild GI upset. Hopefully drug will assist. Note you do not list your meds, and not clear if you have been diagnosed as secondary progressive. Might discuss management with your neurologist, as multiple interventions may help. ...Read more
Why does Synthroid have to be taken on an empty stomach? What will happen if it isn't taken on an empty stomach?
May not be absorbed: Thyroid hormone is best taken on an empty stomach and waiting at least 40-60 min before eating. This is to allow it to be absorbed into the body consistently. People who don't do this tend to have fluctuating thyroid levels so that their dosage is constantly changing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It doesn't matter: There is no reason a drug in the barbiturate class can't be taken on an empty stomach. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Should probiotics be taken on an empty stomach
- Why should you not take advil on an empty stomach?
- Should alpha lipoic acid be taken with food or on a empty stomach
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why take l-glutamine on an empty stomach?
- Can digestive enzymes taken on an empty stomach remove plaque from arteries?
- Should multivitamins be taken with food or on empty stomach
- Is econorm taken on an empty stomach?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free