Doctor insights on:
Why Must Some Drugs Be Taken On An Empty Stomach
No it is not compuls: No it is not compulsory.Bp drugs can be taken in the morning and at night and without regards to food.Only BP meds not to be taken at night are diuretis and those combination drugs containing diuretics. ...Read more
Took 1/2 of 5/325 percocet about 13 hrs before drug test. never take pill,empty stomach,2 bottle waters and urinated x3. will it show?
I am taking ferrous sulfa. Drug 3x daily, and it says to take on an empty stomach.After i take this drug, how long later can I eat?I am anemic.
Ferrous sulfate: This is best absorbed from an acid stomach environment. Take ferrous sulfate on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal. Avoid taking antacids or antibiotics within 2 hours before or after taking ferrous sulfate, and you can probably eat at about the same time. ...Read more
?Ampyra (dalfampridine): You could use with or without food twice daily, but some patients do have mild GI upset. Hopefully drug will assist. Note you do not list your meds, and not clear if you have been diagnosed as secondary progressive. Might discuss management with your neurologist, as multiple interventions may help. ...Read more
It doesn't matter: There is no reason a drug in the barbiturate class can't be taken on an empty stomach. ...Read more
Should flomax (tamsulosin) be taken on an empty stomach what? what is considered an empty stomach?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is econorm taken on an empty stomach?
- Should probiotics be taken on an empty stomach
- Should multivitamins be taken with food or on empty stomach
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Must iodine be taken with selenium
- Can digestive enzymes taken on an empty stomach remove plaque from arteries?
- Should alpha lipoic acid be taken with food or on a empty stomach
- Why take l-glutamine on an empty stomach?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free